Visiting Fela

 


At the turn from Water Cress Hotel will take you down the street of Alade Avenue, whose left turn, with walls painted white is the famous Kalakuta museum. The house of Fela Kuti.

One of the things I do is go to his grave, weed it, have a smoke session and giving him a burning stick too. Enjoy my quiet time with him before it becomes chic and mainstream.

I have been here a lot of times this  time it was time for some status update, thanking him for  what I can only call guidiance and fortitude while up North.

I did the work. I and it was time to know what lies ahead. If only he'd come to me in the dream again, He's quite the character.

I can only bemoan that I never got to meet him when he was alive, but this is closest I can have to spending time with him, and I do spend time with him, he was a god and I am eternally in his debt.


e5

Comments