The Nebulous Mazzy Star

 

there are some groups that are criminally underrated in this world, I mean they have a wonderful album abut they are not ion the charts nor do people know anything about them, chief among them is Bardo Pond. I mean when is Yellow Turban going to get the accolade and credence it deserves. It hurts me that even after my comment The Needle Drop have not a review of their timeless Amanita album.  Another similar group is Jessamine among others
But why is Mazzy Star a stoner's paradise, why is their alluring melancholy the go to for the drawn curtain, smoking, cat petting, and the dark gazing quiet  and why will it never grow old? Because it walks, it literally drags you on toes and takes it goddamn time and allelulia do walls break down flooding your psyche with memories why you shake your head to what heaviness feel guitar wise.
Hope's voice carry the very grudge of grunge, that haunting hoary that anchors deeply, and drill in the instrumentals in burrowing lyrics. 
So Tonight I may see, and She Hangs brightly still have songs I still don't know and i have heard the albums more times than I can remember, It just that I zone out when i listen to them and don't come back until the album ends. Yeah... a Dream scape! that's what best describes the listening. You wonder what would happen if they did something with Michelle Gurevich.
With time I hope they get the recognition and follow through they deserve, I join mine with others mouth wide in exclamation and say You should listen to these guys. they stone!




Download their Discography  HERE

Comments