How To Unzip albums on Any Android phone




 A lot of people find it hard to arrange their albums. I Unfortunately have a little OCD, As I can't stand the sight of scattered music files or music files without albums arts. But that's story for another day.
In this article I am going to enlighten us on how to unzip album either with rar, zip, 7z, etc with an Android app I use called
Z Archiver or the windows application called Winrar.
This is for those times you just downloaded an album and can't wait to listen and your PC is either dead or non existent and you just can't unzip it.
Well the solution is here
Z archiver : an android app that zips, unzip and act as a file manager amongst other stuff, Being an Android app, it means there are a 1001 other apps like it.
Well I explain with the one I use. Using my phone.
If you want it you can download it  HERE 

STEP BY STEP PROCESS

Android Home page

My menu and an arrow pointing down to show you the app's location

This is the interface you get when you open the app.
So I scroll down to the UCdownloads folder which is where my downloads are usually located. For other users of chrome I'd advise you check the download folder

Here is an example of Rachael Stevens Come and Get it 2005 album as pointed by the red arrow it's in zip format

After that you click the album (by tapping on it)

A dialog box will appear and this is what you will see and I'd advise you view it first

Why?.

This is an album by Nico and Vinz titled cornerstone, When I view the album its like this

You see how the music are arranged like that. Well that's not good, Because if I should unzip this. The music files will be scattered all over my music folder and that is not so cool and I can't have that.

But if you view it and its like this like the Rachael Stevens albums meaning it is inside a folder and extracting it won't scatter it all over your phone or designated folder

 Go on and Extract Away

After viewing you go back and tap on the album again.
Like this

And click on the extract here just like the arrow points
it will start extracting just like this.


WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER ALBUM?

The Nico and Vinz album
Well this is what is gonna happen. We are still gonna go back, And

And instead of clicking "extract here" we will click  "extract to archive name"

And watch it extract like this

This way the app creates a folder and extract it into it. Therefore your music files will be inside a single folder instead of scattering all around and making finding your music difficult

So therefore you will have a arranged file manager like this

Cool right. You are welcome..



Explained by Victor Samuel Follow on twitter 

Comments

Post a Comment