Degrees




The heat was unbearable but the chilly
air argued differently  in the mist of this argument, 
I, A helpless Guinea pig Nature, a strict scientist 
toyed with my corpse
Ankles ached from tip toeing through the sands
Smiling at dry jokes, the only way we connected
Giving reassuring sighs, asking rhetorics
jeering and mocking in constraints and turns
Looking back for support and approval
like a captive about to be guillotined with the
last hope of not dying alone

Capture the boredom in our moment
females to males is arithmetic to geometric 
slackers slouch and dumb insecures 
become stars as far the skin below their abdomen was bare 
with a misconstrued tear, emphasized by patches of hairs,
painted face dabbing sweats from their faces giving their handkerchiefs colours
occasionally smiling to the first impressed womanized
whose flare so bright as the sun, emits lewdity in winks and grins, 
poke and smirks encapsulated in nefarious intentions
celebrate with me
How would I have know I was the game
I was lured into a trap, a cellarage if you will
Now I have degrees that they don't give in college
I replay it repeatedly knowing I didn't have or have to,
but if she had gone she might never come back.
I thought you said you didn't want to be alone
Me too. I heard you talk and I felt like home
Kindred spirit. We are together more like clones
Beyond tears, I shouldn't have let in the needle
Coughs, sneeze, yawns ordinary but not mine
My life is at peace now, I tumbled on land mines
When they finally ask, I will accuse barber with lies
When they give me a moment to my self
 drink battery water and die.


by Victor Samuel

Comments