PRAMP: Enigmatic Literature

 Always found it hard to label or put my literary work into a category, they looked like poems, and sometimes they look like prose, most times they are awkwardly in-between still i  work extensively writing out "my junks" as I called them then and not finding a way to categorize them, they couldn't pass for poems because of lack of rhyme scheme meant they couldn't pass for rap either and the occasional story and pause meant they could be prose or flash fictions but not quite.
So I decided to invent a name and a place for it. I call it PRAMP
Not an English-Lit grad, and I did Fairly well in literature in secondary school and I got most of my influence from rap, poems and punchlines. My idea and most write ups came for me from listening to Ab- soul who I feel is a major influence in my work
What is Pramp?
Pramp is an abbreviation of P(Pun),RA(raps which involves the story line), M(metaphors) and P(punchline). Pramp which can also be called Enigmatic literature, or madman poetry involves writing out poetic like works with play on words and also putting it in a formless way that makes you say the first thing on your mind almost the way the mind works.
  Pramp works to be able to write about a phenomenon and still see something good or bad just like the mind. So forgive in advance our stand on issues like rape, abortion and homosexuality. Pramp allows us to not take side, and not write literature in an orthodox way.
Some of my Pramp include "Salted", "More than Hue Know," and Life is More Than Hue

INFLUENCE


  Ab-Soul is a big influence for me as he is know for his intelligent rap, Witty sayings and killer punchlines,  In his Control system album, His song "Soul HO3" ft Jhene Aiko the part goes

They say I was the underdog turns out I am the secret weapon, We can see you have step in, I should somersault... so much salty that I made it in way I did...'
 Hearing this, i thought that it seemed kind of bland the way poetry is written, because many people in a bid to sound or write poetic use archaic languages and convey their message the same way, pioneer poets of the 50's would have done it. But we are a little modern than that and it should reflect in our write up too. We should do away with the compulsion to rhyme, and should play on words more to make our poems interesting, and cool. The idea with Pramp is to keep it as cryptic as possible at the same still pass the message across
To be sincere whatever facets of life to be discussed have been done in each and every way, so there is no new lesson to be learn just new ways of saying the same old thing. Hence the birth of this style

 e.g: I am a scare crow in the middle of a corn farm, I shake my corn farm 
        still i find nothing to eat, in this con farm, confirm and come firm.  
 I am confused, i rattle the hair on my head, still hungry and in the life, get real and keep moving hard

Pramp also make use of correlation to make sure that there is a relation with what is said and what is being said, something like a theme and a play around that also, you could use instance like

 fire in my heart, smoke in my mouth, sea in my mind and stresses like a sideways padlock, 
paddling this land locked desert, fire in  my heart the only way dye in this watery sun

Pramp also draws it origin from female sensation Fatima who we all know as Noname she uses something I call unrelated correlation for example in her Telefone album you hear something like this

"the door bell broke because Aunty was busy fighting cancer"
Now there is no way the door bell had any thing to  do with the aunt fighting cancer but both of them shared one thing in common which is something was broken inside of them.

   My Use of "Hue"

     If you have been following my literary works,You will find out that I like using the word "hue" a lot. It kind of my niche word.  for every artist after his self finding and world questioning he hold on to a word a phenomenon a totemic word something like a memento that serve as the canoe he paddles through other words with, A kind of realization at the importance of this word and how it encapsulate the sum of human live. For Mick Jenkins his niche word is Water we know he talks about Water a lot and Ab soul talks about control and the freeing of the mind Kendrick is obsessed with Euphoria,
   I talk about Hue because I feel like Hue which means youth is symbolic emphasized with its homophone to the word"You". Because I Feel "Hue" is the only "You" we want. Everything is based on our Hue, In our hue, that is when we matter, when we can challenge ourselves others and gods. It stems from the belief that our perception of beauty is flawed because beauty is only appreciated in the body of teenagers, when they are in their Hue. that is  why when I say I love "Hue" I mean i love "You" in youth, and not "You"encompassingly. Which explains this line

"Its hue I see when I am blind, hue I hear when I am deafened" (from In Love With You)

    Pramp also draws strength from Rap and listening to them. The ability to want to throw punchline through puns and metaphors

Thanks to rappers like Ab-Soul, Lupe Fiasco,and Noname but to mention a few who showed us how complex the mind and the ability to project that complexity into enigmatic literature in which the understanding of it is as diverse as the worship of God.  It involves giving multifaceted meanings and usage to word and giving unrelated generality. 
The beauty of literature is that it is a no holds barred game in which every level of weirdness is permitted and that  principle gave birth to Pramp.







Started and Shared by Victor Samuel (who hopes this flower grows ;)

Comments