Sleep Less Mind



I hear no sounds apart from snoring
people asleep together going dreamy
Why are my eyes so wide and active
at this dark hour, feeling uneasily weird
flashback about the day's event
All that was recalled are forgotten
Nothing good comes easy, I try to think
Why then are the people of the world desperate
I don't believe myself, Am i also desperate?
The night gave an answer that was gnomic
hanged clothes looks scary to me
As my mind insert heads on collars, 
hands on sleeves, shoes under trousers.
Suddenly ominous music starts playing
I start wondering, my mind's concocting
Could anyone be awake like I am?
Yes there could be, with eggs I would say
But i am, fixed at spot. A tree if you may
Looking at every angle of the room
Goosebumps on this hot night in June
Like the lamp of a lighthouse
Systole, systole,she is stolen 
phone alarm rings grr grrr I look up
The two hands of the clock converge at 12
Suddenly again, I heard something
Like a loud screaming shriek for half a minute
Could it be an animal, or the maninal
Faried looking night guard, or shooting
I remember this, feeling more frightened.
Diastole, diastole, dias is gone.
This is the night and it's is thiers
A strong wind blows open my curtains
I felt the breeze immediately,
Strong enough to interrupt the cricket's tale
An open window I presume
my eyes moved to shut it, Blind as the bath,
But I remain unmoved, like why, I heard
nothing, but my mind make colored head 
Curtains shadows maybe or wings,
Curtains pole, or broom sticks
I try calling Amaka's name , i think
But lo, I was mute, she was too
but I prayed  and was sure up high, he watched
through the night, I know, she watched
Mortal prayers comes from the heart
He hadn't been long. It hasn't 
but I prayed please be with me 
At the moment Prayers were easy,
The falls of tears are hard, 
someone should have answered, we prayed with our arts


by Victor Samuel and Iwuno Victory

Comments