Subtitling Your Movies From Your Android Phone,


   Are you  someone who won't enjoy a movie until you get every little detail every joke every sarcasms. It started as a thing, but now a very strong habit, so much so that I'd rather not see the movie than to do so without subtitles.
There is something about watching movie with the subtitles for me it completes the movie experience and makes the movie feel whole some subtitles can be seen when they are embedded in the movie.
In a scenario where it isn't embedded, and you want to see a particularly cool movie on your android phone these subtitles can be downloaded within minute and with minute of data as they range from 10 - 40 kbps How do you download and use the subtitle on my android phone.?
You can either download it directly from your android Video player i recommend Mx Player Pro
Why do I use it? 
Besides the obvious ability to play all kinds of videos ranging from avi,xvid,mp4,to mkv It also has a resume feature which allows me to continue the movie  even if its 2 weeks later from where I stopped also I can lock the screen so that unnecessary things like messages don't disturb my theatre time
MX player Pro for android can be downloaded  HERE 
FIRST STEP
Click on the more option represent by the vertical ellipsis, that is three dot on the top of the screen.


 Click on subtitles which will open a box with the search option, this is there so that the player itself can search for the subtitle for you online, Here your data connection have to be on.


This is followed by a digital box like that asking you to enter your search. Just tick the box there and the movie tiltle will show 
After you click on OK  and search, after search for a while, it will give you several subtitles like this, you pick on from the following and 


you have something like this, " A sucessufully downloaded subtitle"
SECOND STEP
In this case, the subtitle you were looking for from the player is not available, it means we have to manually download it, from a site, I use mostly yifysubtitles.com and for the subtitles you might need Z archiver, or any other related app. because subtitles are usually in zip file when you download them I have explained how to unzip HERE 

First your search have to look something like this below
Google "yifysubtitles+(title of the movie)"
E.g. yify subtitles Donnie darko 2005 There are other sites like subscene, open subtitles and so on. But I kinda like Yify more
It is necessary you add the years some movie titles may be tiltes of series and some have been reproduced so the year gives specificity to your search description


click on the one you want to download according to your language preference 


Unzip the downloaded file
   
    How do I add the subtitles to my MX player


This is my Android Home Page
Click on the menu

Go to the installed app, here you see the MXplayer arranged beside the ZArchiver

Open it.as you can see mine
It will arrange your movies according to the folders


Go to the folder where you know you stored or downloaded the movie into.
As you can see my movie folder arranged with and they came together.


This is where I stopped in my last watch in the movie I purposely removed the subtitles to complete this tutorial


Click on the option button signified by the ellipsis icon. Click on subtitle


There you will find another option, click on the panel.

The panel will direct you to your File manager where you will find movies

You could go up to the place where you downloaded the subtitle in most cases it used to be the download folder on SD card 0 folder or UC downloads if you downloaded it using UC browser

Opening the folder you will see the extracted SRT file arranged

Click on the one for the movie in my case I click on the SRT file for Donnie Darko the movie I am seeing.

And Voila we have it subtitled.

Cool, Right?





Explained by Victor Samuel

Comments