DEPRESSION; The Gift that keeps on giving




   The French Revolution, World War I and II didn’t just start out of the blue. Everything in life have a remote and immediate factor so also does this killer called depression. It usually comes from inner wussies, you haven’t found solution to and also that immediate trigger like rejection, insults, or emotions wasted that plunges you into the deep abyss
Sometimes I wonder how and why our parents act as if they don’t battle this or how they found a way around the problem. But still i think our generation suffer this sickness more because I feel we haven’t found a way to deal with this problem, probably because of the neediness of technology and the loneliness that it brings. Friendships that helps us cope don’t mean anything to us anymore because our friends far away are right there at our finger tips instead of letting ourselves lose and basking on the little time we have to share here on earth. We strategize and play mind games so that we don’t look too clingy, too attached the ones who express just how they feel are considered immature (and no one wants to be called that)
 Today's Maturity is appraised on how quiet and reserved you can be. Because of this digitally powered proximity, we can chose to talk or not talk to the person makes me wonder if like our parents will we ever make friendship that last years, Understanding why social medias are valued by the old they know the essence of friendship and how it can be serve as a means of reaching out to someone far away by constantly reminding daily how a much of wonderful invention the telephone is.

It is good to understand that humans are social animals and need each other to feel better

  A man once told that the difference between heaven and hell is that they are both similar dining room with the spoons attached to the elbow and while people in heaven feed themselves knowing the spoon won’t reach their mouths, hell is where the people refuse to feed themselves - struggling.
For guys mostly the cause of depression are could range from an unreplied message, heartbreak to total despair from the condition of living - aggravated with this current recession. They make you question the value of your existence.  I decided to share my story. 

Hello, My name is Victor, I am a friend of writer, an unemployed graduate and I am depressed!

   I am always caught up questioning myself and existence, A Chicago born, bred pimp have nothing on how shy I was. I fought it with constant rejection, no siblings - so imagine my university days and that where I got my first ever everything. The lack of exposure affected my growing process and couldn’t read the handwriting at the wall. But like Kings I coped like the society definition of what a man is supposed to be. I sniffle and put the right leg before the left. and my depression started with the same vector that spreads this killer disease that affect many of us which is unrequited love.
I first tasted this gift when I thought I found the one. Juvenile fantasy – the perfect tomboy with headset that whispered that she was listening to J Cole with a moderate ass and a very full P. sweaty palm walked up to her, struck with parkinsons disease, if she had a boyfriend? “Well no”. Lips touching my ears I asked if I could apply for that position. I have never heard a more perfect and 
biblical NO! As if truly anything else would be from the evil one.
Like a lose catapult my smile retracted and the stone of my love lost its mark, Cupid was disappointed. Going home something came and climbed my shoulder its name was depression and the prehensility of his hold so powerful he didn’t fall off for 2 months. I instantly became an atheist.

  Ladies don’t know the amount of importance that goes into a teenager asking you out for the first time the most annoying part is if you are called to the Vaginal Tribunal (flawed and stupid friends) who adjudge if you right for their friend you smile hopefully  and nod your naive self to an illusion of forever.  It like an iphone 7 in the hands of a baby. He’d just let it fall off.
But what happens when you tell yourself I guess this is the life for me and begin to enjoy the darkness and your depress state and even fall in love with it, looking at people with disdain as they enjoy the company of one another you swear they don't have what you have, and it becomes very addictive you crave it, fight for it, and defend it.
 And you move in and out of it like an Aries with Anger Issues, Nothing makes sense, the music sounds stupid. it becomes the reason why you don’t listen to much Pop (because of it being mostly happy toned). Little by little a part of you dies, you become cherophobic and sadistic seeing every negative thing miles away.
   You look at people with disgust, smirk at their dry jokes and shallow existence and you can’t imagine how they haven’t committed suicide and makes you wonder what gives meaning to their life.Not knowing what infuriates you the more whether is the Its always a beautiful day people who ask the obvious questions like “Hey! Are you back” or the ones that brag about their farts. But if we are being truthful the happiness we share is just unnecessities amplified and stressed,
   Depression denies you that laxity of thought action and your brain over analyze everything, denying you the humor certain situation requires. And you become walking propane.
To be sincere You don’t know what you want if it for them to leave you alone or talk to you more. But everything would all sound like jargon unless it is that person talking-probably the one with your emotional latch or the one sitting on your shoulder with strong prehensile tails - no one.
  Fast forward to my Final year childishly grown, something about a girl that reminds you of your mother from your mother’s hometown, cooks like hell, prays too and convince you to come to church, I’d fall for shit like that from Everest. Traveled for service thinking I have got a girlfriend in school, 00:00 to 11:59 on my birthday to see that I wasn’t remembered by the one who you remember every day. Let’s just say that contact is no longer on my phone
You feel hexed Called my ex asking if she someway put a voodoo on me, I was flipping out and it wasn’t looking good. Why me why me!!. I'd play Ab-Soul “Book of Soul” track and start shouting 
AM SUCH A NICE GUY WHY LORD ….
  Met another, who completed my sentence and made me fall madly in love, and you fall quickly if you main aim is lobotomy. Older and I think she felt concerned about that, not devoid of issues too. Let us say even the star crossed love can and must be bought. You ask yourself.
Why must my worth as a human be in papers?
And there will be that voice that keeps telling you that you will never be happy, you will find love. You will be lonely forever. It doesn’t also help if your zodiac sign is a killer disease with a need to emotional blackmail at every turn, you don't end a day without thinking about suicide.
Here"s a peek at what a depressed thought look like. 



“   
You don’t know how much it kills to write this right now literally I’m a dead person writing. I give a new meaning to ghost writing I m going to talk about the fellow named depression yes he is real have you seen those people who never get depressed who just can write a place and stink with their perfume of happiness making everywhere so colorful it hurt your eyes. Yes I can’t stand these people musting with their glasses hissing while grinning from ear to ear because to them it is a wonderful day who gives an infinitesimal damn. Depression hurts men. And as I can’t find a chain of thought to write one here’s what depression tells "hey what the f**k are you writing what are you trying to say that has not been said just sleep and just be bro". I did not get into the New Year because I was keeping a bushy hair trying to see if I can grow a beard with that too. Look how that worked out for LL cool J we aren’t all meant to have beards but I feel  if I had some chris stapleton on my face people would leave me the f**k alone
SPOILER: this attitude is meant to help you it is supposed to depress you the man is reading this and hoping is God you are shitting you must mean so people are you why are you frowning. What depression which one is that one again. It is because sometimes you eat, you  eat trolling on gets tired blah blah blah "All you champagne sometime., uncle L stay gold  Dad, Uncle L stay gold tui tui tui tuii ah songs don’t make sense anymore you know you just don’t want to listen to anything dennis subscribed How great but who can…     
                                                                                                                                               
Unlike Animals, the Presence of Humans don;t mean the absence of Loneliness

so where is the gift you might ask, With time i found and you might too that Everything bad can good, thanks to depression I am the best writer I can be, I can write depressing thought and to my surprise they are poetic. And thank to depression I have fans buttressing the fact that Behind every work of art there is darkness so bad that it defies words. Word to Richard Pryor and Robin Williams
One or two or three unrequited loves and send me into the abyss of white papers and black lines scribbling away like Charles Crumb and i scribble to myself advise nobody could give and  i finally see that the void within can’t be filled with emptiness of the women nether region. and  pray for a still life i have no understanding of, In my poor state of mind. Lets just say my copious self cope daily by leaving each day hibiscusly.
 Therefore I afford myself a sane mind with indifference and nihilism I write all i can about that unrequited love and sap on the darkness as much and enjoy this little gift that only depression can give, Praying i don’t get caught up in the pheromonic traps set by the venus flytrap skirted.
Please don’t tell me it doesn't gets better



Dedicated to Alkay Kamasko and Me and You from China to Chinatown. 

by Victor Samuel 

Comments