MY sun



Where is the first seed of my womb
young and brave he leaped for the skies
unlike others, I made sure from cradle.
he landed on fertile soil
pushing him
with words of. Encouragement and love
Did it become too much for him
To bear
i look around my house and far out
through the fields he had once tilled bare
wax of tears formed on my pane
i knit on the rocking chair
in the darkness
awaiting my sun, his wife and family
smiling through the door
stretching his hands
He offered me a medal with a purple cloth
"He served his country well,"
and left me my seed for me to plant
A beautiful corpse with
unfulfilled dreams
I bathe him in my tears, giving him them to drink
if only it will wake him
My sun! Don't leave me alone!
The fields are just too big, I cant cut woods
anymore with winter here, your cold body
must keep me warm
"Dry my tears with your hands"
It fell. So did his picture





Dedicated to Soldiers who died Fighting Boko Haram
by Victor Samuel

Comments