The Words Set Me Free



I'd appreciate if you didn’t count on me
You and your little peccadilloes
Slapping your palms with index and middle finger
To prove a point
Repeating said point for emphasis
And repeating it again to affirm your stupidity
Holy intruders and unexposed wound
You plough through this life
I know you love me and I think you love me too much
I need this rage
But the words have set me free,

As Much as I love you and keep you in my mind
You are a curse to me
A painful price of freedom. freedom from love
Love selfish and cagy,
I love you my son, but you wont love me
Because I never loved him, if I tried to make you a pebble you would hate me
If I tried to leave you ruffled you would hate me
Either ways I am dead,
Why then do we have to demons to be free?
Now I know how satan felt, when he touched you,
The price of freedom, self love, very steep few pay it, very few pay it well
What then is this life,
When you are not free, The words set me free

The words created needs and desires
As far as I can write I will want to fly
A enclosed and hurt heart can’t beat well
I have fought a good fight I will use this to balance that
Halos or horns, you chose your pick
They don’t see me no more, and no I was that person you think I wasn’t then
The orphan -
was really angry tonight but I drowned him,
In my emotions he didn’t believe my depth
He cursed me, and threatened me with curses, but I stood aloof to his dismay
Words, nothing but words you see
Words have set me free

They have to be said or else the heart would be too heavy for the body to carry
I have wronged him,
Or have i? the words my friend
The girl tried her best but she self died in the word wars, with her little mind she
Killed herself with her own sword,
Greek gifts, they might not matter now, but they bore holes in your shield for later
If I had known I would have stayed hungry all my life and have no one to answer to
Life is more than peppered stew 
Your threats don’t work the words have set me free

But still I cant shake the feeling :’ maybe I went too far”
Far is good for now, far is good, just good until you catch up
With emotional incest and emotional blackmail
Far is just near enough
Thank you my words for setting me free
I will rest well tonight knowing I killed them all
Tomorrow their ghost will hunt me, but I can easily fend that off or get used to it
He knew this will happen, He saw this coming, He wanted this to happen, He planned it all along
Death threats, are just words
The spear of the hopeless, whatever you see keep it.
I died long before I was buried
And when you ask yourself where did I go wrong?
Know this, you never went right
Just did all you thought was real, good, pleasing to the lord, slaving to the man
And at the end
You wish you could have done better
You did, I assure you but still this is what you get
Life aint fair It’s black
And craves freedom





by Victor Samuel

Comments