Numb Drums



What is the long term effect of too much sound processing? Right here in the familiarity of my silent room i can process the sound coming from my speakers, Odie's Analogue is playing, It seems cool quiet and all at once tiring. Why? Are my ears drums going numb? 
And I admit I suffer and pop them a lot, but working on a music blog means I make myself a sieve to listen at least once all the albums i prescribe for you to download every month. In addition to other genres which are included based on my flawed compulsive disorder, it means on the whole i have to listen to a minimum of 12 new albums every week, so I am always listening to, and processing a lot of sound that i determine are pleasing to hear and frankly I can only do so much, But what happens when a sieve is overused, One would develop what i term as "numb drum"
Putting that in to perspective I recently had a craving for the Japanese ending Frank Ocean used in Nikes so I'm off to listening, based on the time interface of their release, and the dejavu it means listening to another album  which is Solanges's Seat At the table, while downloading I find out that Mac Miller just released a new project. What do you expect?
 With numb drums the most anticipated album that is guaranteed to blow our mind away sounds like an album we have heard before as the double timing of the low tom and the scattered jazz interludes and hihats become routine as artist are eternal search for the ultimate sound that wont sound bland over time while trying to maintain relevance in this musically over-saturated clime.
Are musicians everywhere not playing an already losing game trying to impress numb drums?
So how then are going to give our ears the break it deserves, just like hunger sex,too much of music could actually make one numb to music and appreciate the herculean efforts artist go through to produce projects a little less..
A solution I found is for one to create days you shouldn't listen to music, for me those days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not only is this therapeutic but it helps artistes a little to know there albums are appreciated and Not confuse an album by Moses Sumney with Odie or Gallant, Or worse when you can't remember a single track off the album but know the album is good.
Do you also suffer from Numb Drums. Share your experience



by Victor Samuel

Comments