Music Listen and The time factor

Music is the universal language, the timing of that beat, piano, chords, horns to perfection, the rhythm and calculation, knowing when a certain beat have been played and an interlacing tempo have to follow to further spice up the valley of a perfect listen, rising and dipping in heavenly slope. All these in truth have to be satisfied before we can call a song good, Talk less of an entire album which must also show synchronicity between differing songs to create a good album. 
To really do this album justice, The best time to listen to music for me still remains from 3am to 6am another time might work for you, But for me this is the time, when the world is silent and I can use my insomnia to good use, Possibly with musixmatch to listen to the lyrics on the go. 
But as I must sleep when it does come,  when do I really have time to listen to music ?
  I make an intent to always stack my phone with albums when i am travelling because during the journey, I have a day I get to listen to certain albums and really enjoy them this time but in real time Nigeria the average wakes 6am/7am,chores take up till 8:00 and zoom off to work, I will probably listen to, or squeeze in new music for about 30 minutes in between this, and that is if I don't wake up on the wrong side of Rock bottom and need Anderson .Paak Put me Thru, Kacey Musgraves or Benjamin Clementine Condolence on repeat to put some meaning in my existence.
So we get to the office, earpiece off; don't wanna get fired for firing up - There till 4 pm and it's time to go and you have Max of an 1 hr tops due to the traffic to listen before passing out from tiredness, repeat and repeat. 
  Where the average album takes at least 50 minutes to listen to and another 50 to understand so how do we consider the time factor and the pressure to listen to all the cool music out there and are we really being fair when we rate certain albums but that being by the way,  If that is the only time I have to listen to music why do We go online and find out that new music are endless and they keep coming out all promising the never listen to another again and again.
But still we filter what we can select the best 40 based on some flawed checklist and they become the happening songs, They get airplay and we forget the beautiful others. understandable but imagine how I felt when I found out some of my friends didn't know Liane La Havas.
Time being an important and elusive factor, eternally moving we use it even when we don't use it until some of our artist start paying attention to the importance of little they might be singing to a music folder in my laptop titled "Unheard yet"
Truthfully I've listened to Mick Jenkins' The Healing Component more than Ten times now because I like it still I haven’t listened to all the songs, I listen mostly to Spread love, Drowning, Communicate and Angles and I move on, Why? I don’t know? Yes I do, the album was too long we are in the age of few ever since Jay Z released 4:44 He set the bar for time listen and vet the over saturation of the same didactic-ism, proving that it take 37 minutes to make a wonderful platinum rap album a masterpiece of 10 tracks at most and that is it.
When you time your album in accordance with people, who you know have lives to live your album will be more appreciated for having a conscience. Make whatever you want to say short, and take a cue from Daytona, and 4:44 When your album exceeds this  time limit, it becomes unbearably boring because in truth what do you want to say that haven't been said before- some girl's ass, How the world has been unfair to you,(get in line) money (oh please) Your childhood (right after Anne Frank's)
  Imagine my chagrin when i went online to find one artist that Pusha T doesn't like releasing a 20+ tracked album just after one that followed another one and expect me to listen to everything because I come to this world to live his life, Imagine Future seems to want to release another album when I haven't heard his last 3 albums, Solange is there and since 2018 have been a catharsical year a lot of them will have so much on their mind and will have so much to tell us, but I beg you put all of your emotions and life changing stories in a 10 tracked albums i beg you.
we have so many other new artist to be listening to, and some other old albums to get nostalgic with.i implore and beg our musicians reduce the amount of song Spread your hit singles. I don't know much about creating albums, but with listening I can posit that this is what will make an album good for me :
Create a nice intro Jazz seemed overused now, maybe psychedlic, Stam Goody had something nice on Defining Moments album 
Your hit single, something good but not quite like it, Another hit single, Something cool, A skit, A hit single again, Cool song and outro it could be a song or a skit (something from mama) and you done. Then try that again in a year and half, and my you will be one musician I won't joke with. My two cents though, I still appreciate you all, but please save our time.




by Victor Samuel

Comments