Take A Walk




Wake up one or every morning and take a walk, as simple as that. Pick a route you are familiar with and will not be accosted for your strangeness and just walk, You could use your earpiece and head out, walk your mind clear, as you take that walk, You could walk around in your community or neighborhood and see new places places you don’t know or have never been, the nooks, crannies,alleys, and find business places you had no idea existed, you could play songs while you do, you can even meditate and quiet your monkey mind as you try to think away all your hate and ego.

  When you walk you could play a music that will serves as a background song while you see people suffer in a similar toil,see the things missing in your community. For me it is a lack of a playing space, as my community is filled with endless shop and cubicles with people selling similar wares chasing a debt mechanism rigged against them,I see their worried faces and the egos that fuels their unnecessary worry, see the endless junk of cans and plastic that litter the street and those who walk and ride cars atop it proudly. In a noisy city walking will serves as form of meditation, a way of losing weight, and praying, instead of finding elusive comfort and peace in your box of stone once your monkey mind can't seem to shut up or not allowing you any reprieve you can take the cool air,see faces find laugh, see endless folly while listening to your favorite music, don't rush, stop and read signs see the proximity of religious house and the empty people that occupy them see the cell towers, stray dogs, practice mindfulness throughout find a place stop, sit and watch as people rush past you as they always do, watch them intently and think what requires their haste, do funny voice-overs, evaluate yourself, take a walk because health-wise its is good for you,Take a walk because the world is your home and drown that feeling of stagnation 

  Walking have been a fun hobby I found recently, since i stay in Lagos which is quite overcrowded, because of my introvert nature i hate the danger of fast drivers on the road and senseless heckling that jogging brings. I try to find my calm in my walk, I have a route i walk morning and evening that amount to 2 km of walk per day, it is has done wonders for my health, and it serves as an avenue for me to listen to the new albums i upload here at least once to give them a fairly good listen before deciding. I start from my street to Dada Ebiye's walk up and follow the curve to Powerline street where at the junction there i buy carrot, then i walk down Powerline street, and turn out into the main road and walk back up to Rimax busstop cross the road, and walk down back to Dada Ebiye street again to my street and back home, Now you know my route..

What's will be yours?










Victor Samuel

Comments