AGONY




There was an abrupt spike in my veins, making my blood sieze, Creating passages for cries and pains, Leaving my mind to grill.

Very rare, the sky turned red. The field in tormenting blaze. My flesh unwounded, still I bled, Even my shadow gave me a cruel gaze.

My veins began to melt, causing the pains to flow with a rush. It was not brisk, for every bit of the pain, I felt. Open-mouthed in anguish, I let my tears gush.

Like a violent tide, the pain moved fiercely, I couldn’t feel it anymore for I’ve been abounded in pains. I suffered, yet I searched for no mercy, For I knew it would end up being in vain.

Craning my neck to seek some air, I got pulled back by the pain in my head. I noticed I had a flair, Something my thoughts had fed.

I was able to sustain in such suffering, No mercy, I still gained one. I felt the pain I wasn’t expecting, But afterall, I didn’t give up!

I found out my flair was my ability to sustain, which was the mercy I gained…

I don’t want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.



-Ifeoma Madu.


Comments