My Football Club Won The Leage in 30 Years and It’s a Fairytale




When you walk through a storm 
Hold your head up high 
And don’t be afraid of the dark 

   Everything I know in life I feel strongly about, right or wrong, good or bad, I live a very spiritual and intuitive life, based on my close experience with death and pain I trust my instinct and follow whatever it tells me, Football was and is still a big part of who I am I used to play in the midfield 4 and 10 position as a child I hated scoring goals and loved dribbling, never fouled anyone because I have a natural empathy way of living life and ultra sensitive, my football role model was Johan Cruyff , Ronaldinho, Berbatov and Van Persie, Growing up in Lagos we didn’t and still don’t have playing spaces so the roads and little compounds will do, After loving the way Ronaldinho played football so much I started “supporting” Barcelona, not because I understood what it meant, I just loved watching Ronaldinho play with a big smile and fluidity in his football, I felt he was majestic. In 2006 we didn’t have a television at home so I watched the champions league final with Arsenal beside my mother’s shop thanks to the man who repaired television close by. Even though they took the light in the second half and I had to go home I still remember the match vividly because scenes from it designed most of school books cover at that time, In trend at that time also was an annoying way to reply reiterations In Secondary School, (Ehn… Arsena Barca) aand tha was quite a thing. 
 Content, tongued out socks and buckle less sandals playing water bottle covers, tin, folded paper playing on the street introduced me to a heated argument in school made me leave Barca as Ronaldinho did and started “supporting” Manchester united that was 2008 and did till Manchester united made the grave mistake of sacking Louis Van Gaal and signed Mourinho then I stopped watching their matches, and most football matches except on some rare occasion and world cups 

At the end of a storm 
There’s a golden sky 
and the sweet song of a lark 

 As I grew older became disappointed with the way people spoilt football with money I personally hate the Spanish and their conquistador mentality especially with Pep Guardiola, and when Sergio Ramos broke Sallah’s arm it sealed the nail in the coffin of hate for me they spoilt football with Clubs like Real Madrid destroying the fairytale in football coupled with the latest FIfPro ruling following the presupposed ban on Man city it seems those days are gone.
 What is Football without pinch, a club without its flaws. This is one of the reason i fell in love with Liverpool football clubThe flaws and inspiring story that is Liverpool was really ingrained in me when I saw the documentary of Steven Garrard Make Us Dream it made my heart explode, I saw a club that radiated the same energy I had, my fervor for the underdog and I fell in love, Then i  went to watch a Liverpool match, and met a great man in the name of Jurgen Klopp, 

I love Jurgen Klopp and I think he is one of the greatest human beings to ever walk this earth, his people centered philosophy his passion his love, and approach to coaching is one of the best I have seen not that I have seen many but it is a type which I don’t have a complete understanding of, but just love. you see him, even hear him saying come on come on, encouraging and  hugging every single player that comes off as a substitute and I was taken aback and wowed 

What love! 
That is exactly what I said, What love!, so much so that I feel it radiate a thousands of miles from Anfield Merseyside England to the viewing centre across the television to me here In Lagos, I want that and just like that I made a pact with them to see them every weekend and weekdays without fail, For I have never seen a team woven with so much love, heart and passion built from the ashes of dissapointment and near misses with a family centered apporoach to football

Walk on through the win 
Walk on through the rain 
Though your dreams be and blow 

What love, To lose finals and still come to do it again In a more grander style, what love to lose the champions league to an animal of a player and still come back the next year to win it, what love to lose the league after winning 97 points to a club who had their key players injured but unaffected because they have billions to spare, buying all the players from other clubs to keep in their bench 
What love to do that with the crop of players whose catharsis and development are as visible as the constant hugs, misses, trials and errors that we sum under a trusting process.
What love to promise, to achieve something a dream in wait for 30 years and do It without losing a bit of humor, love and good grace. What love to do it while living a life that serve as a campaign for a young man in Lagos to see just beyond a group of players, or a club but a philosophy of never giving up being essence love, to show me that by being what society terms weak, and gentle you can achieve everything To believe that even with what you have by trusting a young Alexander Arnold we can bring down the might Barca down 
By believing in the under par Henderson who they claim ran with his knees he can become the captain that uses those same knees to do the Henderson shuffle in lifting the Champions League, Priemer league, Super Cup and and World club cup.
What love to make all that possible And turn us from doubters to believers.

Walk on walk on 
With hope in your hear 
AND You never walk alone 
You will never walk alone 


I am no longer a child and my ups and down are clearly defined in the tumultuous fabric of the Liverpool story and I feel at one with it, I feel it as a part of me, 
As I write this I am listening to Isis and Osiris by Alice Coltrane with sciatica that burns insomniac ardor to my writing a pain I heal weekly by sitting for 2 hours just to see Liverpool play 
The players are not fantastic like what other clubs have but they are a family, they are not the most skillful, hell Andrew Robertson can do shit with his right leg but they are mine, and I love them. Forged from hugs, they are warriors trained by a not just a coach but a father And I respect him so much I read a quote once from Life blogger about and his laid back approach towards life when he said “Somebody have to be the last, why can’t it be me” and I was wowed, there is a reason he is a cult figure in Germany. He is just a bag of love So the Liverpool story after 30 years for me it is not just a lifting of a trophy after a 30 years wait but the way they have been to do It is almost like a fairytale.
It is a fairytale, that was it is
For a man to achieve the unfathomable armed with nothing more than encouraging words and hugs it serve as a lesson for us to power on In whatever we do, and I draw strength from his smiles I draw strength from what he is able to achieve I draw strength from his thought process and philosophy for me to do what I do as a person in life whatever my constraint and hope I can have a heart as big as Liverpool And I as walk on , I know that I and even you reading this will never walk alone 

walk on walk on 
With hope in your heart 
You never walk alone 
Youll never walk alone 


YNWA Victor Samuel

 










































































Comments