PUPPY LOVE




In my hometown, Aguoba Umumba Ndi Uno
I'd wake up with you by my side
I'd roll over to smell your armpit
kiss you softly, my sweet, it is 5;51am
I'd get up and look for dirty clothes, add it to the sponge and soap
arranged them into the bucket as the kettle boils
make black tea for the both of us,
The morning brightens up, as your face when you wake
We kiss good morning and sit opposite me with your legs
On my knees
We drink and head down to Ajari
on the walk, I'd pinch your bum as you laugh and rest your head on my chest
We wash, I rinse and spread, the speaker plays something nice
The birds chirp in rhythm
Occasionally other people will fetch water and greet us
They see the love in our eyes and smile, as we make faces
behind their backs- When the clothes are on the bushes
We'd pull to our draws and swim for hours laughing and budging
I'd kiss you inside the water, i'd lick you inside the water
as you crouch and press upon me.
I'd tell you I love you forever, my heart
You'd  stick out your tongue and I'd suck on them
On the walk, back with our clothes on our head and a small gallon filled
with drinking water, we get home and pull off
I'd wash the sands off my leg sand you do the same
We'd take from the loaf of bread and eat w
ith jam. 
I'd lie on the bed and you occupy beside me
Suddenly it plays Demarco's “Let my Baby stay”
I'd kiss you, I'd kiss you
I touch your swollen areola and smile
You'd say ‘Ah, I will tell for you”
I'd laugh, and You'd laugh too,
I'd lick your face and You'd lick my forehead
I'd kiss you some more, lick your nose and say
I love you my puppy love..



For M, and What could have been…

 


- Victor Samuel


Comments