PETS AS ACCEPTANCE MACHINES

  


 In this documentary called Kedi (Turkish word for “cat”) we see a city in Turkey filled with and ingrained with the love for cats. As far as pets go, cats are literally worshiped in Turkey as a consequence you notice through their movies that the Turkish people are chill, quiet and intentional with just the addition of this animal to their lives, Almost as if it dictates the pace at which their world is run. And yes Economic collapse, Inflation and the apocalypse might be upon us all, while some run amok (Africa, esp Nigeria) others smile and move quietly with the planet through time.
The documentary talked about the need for every home to have cats, pets in general showing how they help us, and in some case heal us. I love cats, I like how they find calm and majestic living wherever they are, their gentility and cuteness. I really respect and appreciate some cat lovers on Nairaland like Blasiangurl, Hator5 among others, some of who have opted for people who don’t like cats or find helpless kittens to bring it to them so that they can well looked after.
Pet help us, a man is only calm when he is close to nature, one of the chief difference between us and our forefathers is that they allowed nature in, Our problem is the gentrification of things people want the best everything thinking they can turn themselves chrome but a trillion of us is just rich manure, we remain and will remain organic beings as we negate our true connection to nature, man suffer the betrayal of trees and animals what we have is a heated world spinning out of control with nowhere to find calm.
Pets provide that bridge, As Gandhi said, there is more to life than increasing it’s speed, pets especially cats remind us constantly of the pace of the universe, our own futility and mortality, amidst whatever unimportant nonsense we decided to spend our time/life on.
They are the domesticated bundles of love waiting for us and their whole life is just half of ours, Through our recent negation of them we have forgotten how to rekindle, reify and fuel our love gotten from the care we show to animals, we have forgotten how to constant practice true care for the sake our own humanity, for if a man show love and affectation to animals he is bound to see the same helplessness and show it to his fellow man.
Pets provide acceptance in a wold failing despairing in it, with a lack of a sense of belonging the veneer of self appreciation we gorge on through social media end up as less than stellar, and the transactional relationship we have with others, leave us rather empty
Pets provide fee acceptance of you, regardless of race, shape, size or color. They don’t care if your are rich, poor, single Alpha or beta they just love and depend on you.
They reduce our blood pressure by situating us at home, even if it is the 30 minutes of petting they subject us to, we are 30 minutes less likely to be anxious, or engage in one toil or the other, prolonging our life span, by making us understand that there is no where else but the now. As Russel Brand once said, I learn from my cat that sleeps quietly in the living room we both admit that we are both mammals passing through space and time.
They teach us not to rush things they make us laugh, I once had a cat named Cosimo fluffy little thing that had the longest and sweetest meow though no longer with me, but the memory of the him give me calm and make calm and happy when I think about It , it’s innocence, helplessness and gentle nature, and till today I find myself learning from it.
 
CHANGING THE CAT NARRATIVE IN NIGERIA
 
But Nigeria have a problem, propounded partly by the Nollywood depicting of cats as witches and wizards, People have this unfounded fear of cats that I find silly,Buttressed by the “Christianity”, The sound of a cat meow is replied with a resounding blood of Jesus, (in my home it is followed with “Abia” (they have come))
I used to also follow them, until I became older and just laughed at my parents who added the fact that I had stopped going to church to snap fingers at me, Ndi otu gi (your people)
Cats are not witches as I was telling one of my friends who I was surprised had a disdain for cats, asking him why he said well the Church have made us to believe that they carry demonic spirits and many of them are witches
I said if you buy a witch or a wizard and you feed it, is it not to your advantage, do you think any harm will come to you. I said Even if there is a meeting of witches and wizard that your cat attends,  and your name comes up for trials to be brought upon don’t’ you think the cat will argue on your behalf ( I’m just saying we are just being very uneducated).
Cats are not witches and will never be, they are mammals just like beautiful and a must have in each home, Not that I have an aversion for dogs, rabbit or other pets, I just like cats and suggest them as they are not as clingy and energy consuming as dogs, but to each his own, any pet is fine. Some people I hate are those who breed dogs for tool of oppression, sick people who breed dogs to make people scared and chase people away, to feel pride and ego “my dog will jump on you, why will it jump on me, I have done nothing to your dog, why is it barking at me” ( I hate that an animal will back virulently at me, judging me without knowing me). I prefer cats they can be litter trained and not as clingy they provide quality snuggle time when working. And I am sure after watching this documentary you will too.
 
Download KEDI Here
 
>s

 

Comments