THE WHISPECT

 


There is but one destiny for the black man; and it is white - Frantz Fanon

 

I struggled to find a name for this article, from calling it the panic of being white in Nigeria, White condescence, to The respect until I settled on using the portmanteau  Whispect which is the addition of the White and Respect The would have been names are entirely valid due to the fact that it was all those things, it was the new found loss at the lack of civility , a fear and panic at not finding humans. Finding myself becoming racist, angry and intolerable of the people who litter besides, With the same of color as mine, it redefined what it meant to be black. Black wasn’t a skin color it was a mindset.

 

So I attain an ascendancy, hit with the reality of a notion that I am Popsicle, read enough to become white, meliorated and no longer a walking hysteria, you are infused with the panic of a lack of safety that the next person unlike you who hasn't passed into the truth and found civility ‘lurks”. As they are not acquiesced with the transiency of things they are likely to call you sissy-ish and foolish,  steal from you and make life weary.

Unknown to the m that grace of yours is hard won, a skimming of the ego, gotten from many night of hunger, days of quite mindfulness and a look towards a hope that renders all you are a long prayer answered.

Until we can find the universal recognition of the black people, as racism is an image problem black will be subject to the duplicity of interpretations, as what it means to be black continue will differ from one’s personal perspective and the context of the narrative.

For me a black Nigerian man who with proof can say that skin color and its determinant can be blow out of the water by the knowledge one consumes, I represent what it  means to be Black,

The New Negroes as Milo describes it, But sadly enough  I know a black. So it could be said that as a black man by the virtue of the knowledge I have acquired the content I have availed myself with I have become “white”.

 

So Black becomes the inability for a man to be analytical about his life or structure it in a certain way. You give birth to children you can’t raise only for them to drown in the strait of Lampedusa

Black becomes lead like thinking, a lack of self reliance, to be completely alimentary without  a sense of justice, resolve, honor or compassion

Black is the quick evasive look, sheer greed, gaping mouth, bare neck and claw like grasp of everything it is gehenna, a crude passed from generation to generation only to be washed out by reading and music.

It is the nagging want, penchant to own flashy things, the lack of care towards nature and helplessness in the midst of plenty. To have the most fertile land and still be the most hungry,  To be blessed with the most natural resources and still be the poorest, interred by an acute inferiority complex. It is the snatch and grab mentality and complete lack of foresight, black is small, crass, alimentary and animal. As racist as it  may sound it is a helplessness that must and be whitened out them which for them with the cleanse and evaporation of a backward system that only constant reading can do.

 

For they can’t see those night nor hear those calming all is well you told yourself when hunger bites and the strict chain of alaya consciousness refuses to act your your id and focusing your brain to lean towards higher calling gestures and detachment.

It’s a let’s steal from him. And i look at their embellishment and see where their wealth is wasted I wear a white shirt, a jean trouser and a shoe that is 5 years old in content

You are a constant haggard polo wearing of thousand boxer shirt of 4000naira envious  and when question I can say: I just know more than you for once, I know that cloth don’t make you a better person, nor do I follow the norm or the trend, I read more than you eat, meditate, remain quiet and graceful while you schemed and that has made all the difference.

For this is  a grace that  can be learned if you are willing to spend an hour or two stooped to a book , Please let me be for I have no ill towards you or care even about for I have find in myself content and patience that you can also easily learn.

 

Don’t ever say never “ I am saying never !!!  Chris Rock

 

For every human being, There are two stages -the consciousness and the awakening, the consciousness is when you minds finally open and starts to work for most people is age 4 when you become aware of your surrounding, and awakening happens at age 25 /27 when we form our personalities or die.(I.e become droned) there is a fork in the road for every man when you decide if you want to be another brick in the wall or be your own person.

The difference in individuals is what have been stored up from the moment of consciousness to the tie of awakening, Its a bottling up which determines the frequency you would operate on. And this divider unnoticeable at first, becomes the difference between being “white” and being “black”

So what we do is to encapsulate the evolution for the new black child, We find out that the trick is to pile up enough information from the moment of consciousness to the moment of awakening  So every thing the child sees, hears, and feels must seek to educate him. His movies, his music, his books must add something to him everyday of his lfe.

So you can’t open your child's mind to garbage on television, a tablet is better with the criterion collections, books an iPod with good music and a bicycle might provide the necessary, in addition he could also learn a musical instrument as all these are proven ingredients to a well formed up personality. Then the individual who has learnt all these will attain a respect for himself.  The germ of intellect is bred by reading to be passed down to our offspring.

A lot of ignorant things black people are majorly because they don’t have regard for themselves, things like petty theft, open defecation are characteristics of someone who has no self worth.

But how can an empty have self worth how can you have shame when you have nothing to compare yourself with? I had been in situations where the determinant of my choice was  What will Che think of me?  What will Thoreau think of me will he be happy I sold my birthright for a mess of pottage, mind you he's been dead for decades but knowing the standard he placed adjusts mine a mite. The respect therefore is gotten from the experience The love and justice you command  The book and knowledge you have acquired and the heroes you compare yourself by.

Concept like justice and keeping to one's word are lacking for they've not seen a better to compare theirselves by.  In a brain that associates  They start looking the cudgel of a humanity They are debased Generalized and dehumanized..

  

He will be deified or devoured - M. Mannoni

 

Panic of being white in Nigeria means that you are mocked by someone who is ignorant,  something like a hyena in a cage laughing at its spectator.

You know you are above them. You feel deeply sorry that they can't seem to see that. 

They prefer the warmth of their ignorant huddle to the cleanse of sheer curiosity

Why are You this way,  what do you know? Oh I read such and such and you can too

No, they turn the Dogmatism to depravity, attack you with viscosity for something who at which risk he came close to you just to abridge the ill fated lack of proximity A finished work, set  Taking a spear to a book.

I believe intelligence to be curiosity with verve. Rather than lackey to the brash arrogant of ignorance be curious I listened to classical  music because someone said it was good the all I can do is listen with Mahler and Barber’s Adagio I agree.  

In truth no one wants to wall off from you but the problem is that in you they can't find safety, civility, melioration nor beauty.We just can't stand the Dogmatism and Ignorance that is the crux of racism today. Japan is just as Asiatic as Indonesia then why is the former a tourist attraction and the latter is not.

It is the same reason, I bang my door when I get home change into a more loose dressing and snuggle up to an anime and find no need to defend myself when they gossip loudly to my hearing.  It will be like talking to a cow, Do what you like I say and snuggle all the more.

. The imitation acts complete until it meets something new Ignorance flogs like it wants to cut the back off, but we know Scars heals and they forget that our parts will eventually cross again How can your responses to knowledge be punishment and depravity all that is required is curiosity  We see your imitation we know its origin we shake our heads as it obviate the dearth in Catharsis

 

It’s sad when people don’t regard themselves, How do they acquire this self respect ?  in search of this many have cursed the Black skin as a curse, a cuff an impediment even, But it isn’t so

Blackness is not a sickness it is rather a huge deposit Blackness can bImpulsivity enormity and high twitch muscles, it is referred to me as too much love, which transmutes into brashness, quickness, a heavy handedness and bigness to everything, It is a clasptrying to imprint everything and showcase every emotion viscera very much obviated as the melanin in our skin, it’s a simply more than others.and requires a conduit , can be controlled with marijuana music and booksMarijuana just adjust and loosens the grip of things, A legalization of marijuana in every black country is the first step to the actualization of the black man everywhere. 

Ignorance is a flee to truth it later realization and overcompensation is met with deference a  loss in both ways by attaining lightness through these ingredients of elevation

I operate on a frequency that is pure curiosity and a directness, my motto: parrsheia and singularity of vision. I know I am ever becoming,I therefore know because I love, that love always want to know. It’s a frequency that just feels sorry for everything,your having been born is a damnation unlike any other none of your attainment will change that and your blind pursuit of them can only makes you small and elemental.

There are no lessons Ignorance can teach me it will only further solidify its stance and I will feel sorry for it a little more, We all are damned for existing but you could be calmer.

Africans will do well to purge ourselves from the association with rewarding suffering or the thinking that if you are not suffering you are not doing it well or you don't deserve my sympathy or even your salary 

Instead of being envious know that this can't be learn Eat light,  dress light,  drink marijuana, well, here you are. By teaching your child a hobby, an interest in music and the arts he develops a respect for himself naturally that self respect will make him never to settle for less. And When he or she will venture to the hinterland to dominate those wanting in sacrifice.

 

So if the respect is formed and made common place, the child therefore becomes “white” and his mind cannot be droned or subject to the animalism of the workforce.

This respect means he will appraise himself by better standards, and teach it to his children

Multiply by a thousand black people and in 20 years I foresee a new world with new black people.

If vines showed me anything, its that the sense of humour of people in the world are alike If our consumption and experiences are so, it just that any child who grew up on Everybody hates Chris, White chicks, Dexter's lab, Sponge Bob and Yu-Gi-Oh will tend gravitate the same wavelength. My sojourn through 9gag have shown me that the thought process of the average white person still centers around the movies of their youth, they canonized and still tout movies like Lord of the Rings Harry Porter and Star Wars.i understand that basically curiosity was the oar of that sails parity. So in feeling that Africans are made dumb on purpose played stupid songs and inundated with retarding Nollywood movies are a preparation for a life sub human

and something as trivial as media determines the ticket to the participation of life’s discuss, and the determinant of a destiny and the level one would place oneself.

 

Buddhism have been essential and still continue to flourish my growth , two quotes that made me follow it fervently were “ An arrow drawn back is only propensity for it to go farther” and You always have something to give you have your smile”

Indoctrinated Scarcity and the perception of inadequacy have pervaded the timeline of every African this scarcity, most times goes unevaluated because of the norm of consumption don't have a comparison until we do, The scarcity however ingrained either through trauma or indoctrination, don’t always know when to stop until the demonization of the individual is complete. But we don’t, deadened with the routine of the triangular of work, church and house we haven’t had time to carefully count our blessing.we stay carefully chasing after nothing till we die, The scarcity ingrained in African is conditioned to say the least, men with mansions braying for more, profligate politicians trying to keep up with a bloated apperances.

 

With Buddhism comes minimalism and with minimalism we get to check the things we own, we eat and we become light light in our consumption, our persona and aura.

I only have 5 of each clothes, but I am able to own property, and they are surprise how is that possible, it is so because you forget that I wear the same type of clothing all year long.

Everything I buy I attach intentionality to, and by delaying in buying I most times find cheaper options around me, or even within and end up not spending that money.

The purchasing power means I can do things and give more, for the value driven attachment to my consumption aerates my room, intimates me better with the little I own, as they feel like companion of my journey through life and not just things. This expands and nourishes my life. All this is made possible through Buddhism which still chastise us more and make us lighter  If Buddhism was accepted by all Africans there would so many countries that will be like Japan, or Bhutan and we could also have a beauty we can export and have a tourist pull like that of Japan.gotten from the mindfulness, integration of nature and a sense of beauty which Buddhism and the likes can provide.

 

A black is not a man - Frantz Fanon

 

The civility is the reason Poland accepted 2 million Ukraine refugees and don't want a single Muslim My goal is life is to see what I can do about it, How can I help Africans attain this whispect For I used to be it, but stopped over a book, and with music in my ears I crossed a chasm so wide, I underrate until I am reminded in conversation with peers by the level of their thinking, the smallness of their ambitions and the alimentary nature of their goals.

It is to see where dogmatism and orthodoxy have become witchcraft where people attack a person for being reclusive, and deny you company and plan your downfall for rejecting their religion and the demon who they call God.

And they don’t understand why I regard myself so, where does this “pride” come from, I also got my surely is this not the same son of the carpenter that we know in my own especially  Well  the respect is gotten because i read the twelfth night with candle light spent hours reading books. why do I regard myself highly? I watch what I consume mentally and make sure every thing I hear or watch educates me  I read all the sutras, until if felt as if my skin was on fire..

Pardon the condescension it might seem racist, but that is the gulf of the difference that is what it take to be ‘white’ I too pack the sands that built our house, but at night I put on the lantern to and read the Hamlet, I programmed my radio to listen to every music from Didier Coff’s French Radio, Reggae Night Sunday Carribean music, Rhythm’s Soul Serenade, Royal FM Music After Dark and Kubanji direct. Now I only see Criterion collections, and understand Tarkovsky.

Yes, I was the son of the carpenter but nowI am not. I listen to Alice Coltrane, Fela and Wayne shorter,You too can do the same You too can be “white”.

 

Dedicated to the murdered Boers of Southern Africa

 

 


IN SEARCH OF AN AESTHETE

 

For sometimes Igbo culture feels dreary often times laden with, dogmas taboos and threats so the obscure and the fetish, esoteric, without the today’s dynamism is lacking in attraction and beauty  therefore cannot be sold. Very few people will want to be masquerades of Oborochi, A lot of people want to be and be regarded as samurais me inclusive.

An aesthete is the sum of the ceremony of the life entailliing the rituals perculiar and festivities and pecuiair to the people hich attunes them with the nature, and their ancestors, matches their etymology and sensililites passsed down to the younger ones forr the sustiable and continuity of a certain peoople in the society with innate beauty that can be sold, exchanged and sought.

Sadly we don’t have a functional atheistic our aesthete, as the batardization of our culture means we couldn’t reform and fine tune with the times, we are therefofre reduced as a nation to

Senseless fight over Jollof rice and Ankara fabrics. And the other ones are either loss, tied up in wealth or chiefly ceremonial

 

We couldn’t elevate our specific see shrouded it in the occult and added obscurantism to an undesirable The older generation being in hidden and learn the caution of their fathers move so like sex I the African setting the repression is meant to create a  pent up so that the vibrancy of the of youth will provided the offspring in multiples but

This generation had an option , something the former didn’t foresee-the advent of the phone and the dwindling of participant for August meeting bastardizing of the age grade system further buttress the fact that with the phone every man is homo deus, a phone could be everything if you allow it. It therefore steals the succor and company that people used to offer

So no more visiting of cousins on Sundays, no more longing for the other and many grand parents will speak to their grandchildren in their local dialect and be replied with a smile because they don’t know the language and it wasn’t attractive and without the dynamics and foresight by us the Tech generation to incorporate igbo into animations lost them

 

Dogmas were passed down to our parents believe so today parent can’t tether for we cant be threatened with tradition we know of suicide and how liberating it is

So  what is a culture that you cant see pass down or sustain merely a death in the waiting he is be  We cannot uphold our own customs because we are following the latest trend because we are still struggling to eat So to salve n our own we must bask in the refined and sustained ethic to get first a learned society and civility a common ground a wealth that is transferable which are behaviour, knowledge  that can allow for the the forage into the other

 

We must use the sail of with the ship whiteness to pick the logs of our blown apart ship to rebuild our own with innovation and a peculiar that will not be scary nor shrouded in taboo and threats. So white shirt, white walls, calm and coffee Till September when we celebrate the new yam festival, functionality matters. The Japanese borrowed so many cultures from other places and fine tuned it to make it theirs like eating McDonald's on Christmas day, Baseball and cafes are not their traditionally but they made it theirs I wrote about the proliferation of cultures can better our own and fine tune and make our lives richer

Where there is no flour there can be no bible, to reignite the ethoses of Achebe’s canon of having an obi or an ikenga and living according  to one’s customs we must have the wealth that only comes form certain ucstim and practices that originates from methodist and Presbyterian principles I.e whiteness

We must follow the footsteps of the Japanese for  the majority of their aesthetics are also borrowed and indeed we also have a beauty to sell, we just need the stalls erect of whiteness to showcase ours and mabye we might find enough to stand our own completelyJust like Japan did.

The black man must use trees to make his place a heaven or his chldren wll never conform to it It is hard for you dress well in a landfill I use japan a lot because I believe the igbo have a lot in common with japan from their nature, love for water, music and penchant to minimalism  If there is ever going to be a Biafra it will be molded in line with the culture, religion, and sensibilities of japan Whiteness is simple books, music , white shirt ,coffee jazz and calm music all the time, we can incorporate that into ours which we can superimpose with our accent and tenets uniquely

It is important that we as Black build the black heaven, the black equivalent of Nara In Japan for if we don’t have a black heaven we would run over to the physical manifestation of the white heaven by traveling abroad and never have a place of pride that we can call ours, and showecase to  the world. For us who we feel we are too well read to be here It’s a come here nigger by the white man , you made it to the other side, instead of building ours we run to thiers.

It only takes trees and flowers to make the slums the surburbs, for those particulars I say run from the gleams, and the flattering of those who steal us, and do well to bury the light in it’s origin  and lactify so that others will see the possiblity in us, aim high and further than we did In an aim to spread the dream life all the more. Run from the what are you still doing here you should travel out, Life is not a jab but a diffusion and I know things get hard here they have always been but Understand what you owe your mother continent like Tai Solarin who left England to teach in Ijebu Ode, positing that may our roads be filled with perdition, as  Communist ideals and moderation still remains  the best way to survive in every times, If the innate is caution and one applies a philosophy llike  Buddhism.

The aggressive tenet of nature will out do man if his derricks are slowed down with the caution of a minimalist ideology  He can therefore bask in a plenty that only a gully can provide, move through time with both he and nature unfurled, make that  a norm and the sustainable ship of the world will run as before.

 

Beauty seeks to be had, Well the charm of humans lie in the fiery baptism of the pineal gland by constantly reading it morphs the faces, grace the walk slim the figures and makes the atmosphere genteel and peaceful, the person become the walking ambience like a shade for the scorch of reality  It becomes the succor personified, god in the flesh.

Since we  have underlined the difference and linked it to the sum of experiences why not sum it all and equate it to all. So unlike our foreforather whose relation to whiteness was that of envy, they wrongly overcompensated at lightness,  sat in fires, ate swords and jumped from trees and were met with indifference that is associated with a knowing a better,  doubly abashed and sought blood.  I have come to give to your culture, if it had the refinement and beauty I would seek to learn and appropriate it, since it doesn’t it will be met with snob. A behaivour still replicated by other Africans to those who come ciities,or they feel inferior to. They usually seek to punish, make things hard for and hurt them.  It is actually a mental tug that they lose at all the time, For the dependence complex and slavery tongue fall to the starvation and self reliance of the superior.

 

It is known that a man objectifying of himself is consequence of a craving, a seek for attention and validation A goat crave not to be petted. This nigger feeling is only possible because of a greed, that comes from the lack of in depth self evaluation and reliance.

What we  need to appreciate the fact that the white man has been able to successfully sustain and pass down his whiteness through education  A civility that supports and sustains itself

We move back to the village for a black man is considered as he imbibes certain behaivours and retards The weight of others can be stifling and family and society for the black man is lead for they refuse to educate and improve , reinvent Where  fathers say they regret sending their children to school for bringing analysis and comparison to an ego based thinking

They are believe to be armed with fetishism to keep you entertained So they act like the silverback So they can beat their chest to you ’’is just such a crass’’I don’t care I fail to see the appeal of aerosol or  the complexity of languages It‘s all gibber if it doesn’t improve us, and and in improvement I don’t mean mmansions, and cathedrals But the collective improvement to a functional civility that we can build on. For if after the 60 years of independence the fact that we don’t have it means there is a problem

The inferiority complex education and indoctrination creates the other in the nigger I am worthless until iam seen, creates a pang of being wanted or those who live by life by  seeking validation they lose their humanity when they feel they are  not seen Some go as far as creating confusion for the sake of recognition and prostitution. Where even when they enjoy something they complain just for attention, obviating a dearth in knowledge, Quite well wishing to the uninitiated can be quite the slap, But We have to move the black mind from the aerosol crave to curiosity  It’s a I gotta pee boss that is attacked undone as pride.A sickness of the mind.

Since lightness is good as we have agreed and flocked to it for generations it can therefore be taught the  We can have okonkwo day, and the new yam festival in parenthesised in the working ethos of the white during the week , Unitl the goal of a safety of homogenity where children will play til late  at night, have assignments in nsibidi, eat roasted yams and ukpaka at a friends place, coming home damp from swimming, at the river is found, Elusive is it’s lot, unitl we first find a civility  made possible through education. as there can be no aesthete without a civility..

 

>



Comments